Monday, October 13, 2008

Randy Pausch's Teaching Methods

Randy Pausch's lecture was awesome and very entertaining. I learned a lot from watching, especially about having a more optimistic approach to everything. I would love to have a teacher as experienced as this man is. I think I could have him as a teacher for every semester of my college career and I would still have a great amount to learn from him.
The first thing that really stood out to me about him that everyone should do is have life goals. He set goals for himself and actually went through with almost all of them. He accomplished these goals because he was very determined and wouldn't take no for an answer. When you have a teacher like this it is a good person to look up to and strive to be in the workplace.
Randy Pausch is a good teacher because he allows his students free reign to give their ideas and do hands on activities. His students actually surprised him because he allowed them to communicate their own opinions and experiment on them.
Randy Pausch would share his own ideas and experiences with the students and they could elaborate on them. They felt they learned a lot and he felt he learned something from them. He said some of the classes would get a little out of hand but it was worth it for the results he received.

1 comment:

noelle shipman said...

I agree with your opinion, i wish we had teachers and programs like that around here!!